Thursday, August 21, 2014

Photography 365 Project: (Day 232 - Summer's End)


It's still August.  It's still Summer.  But it's changing.  The light is disappearing noticeably faster each day.  It's taking on its Autumn-gold tinge too early.  I swear I saw my first red leaf yesterday boldly announcing that school buses will soon be retracing familiar paths and Pumpkin Spice Lattes will be gracing office desks.  

The air seeping into my room at night from the open window has a fresh feel to it.  The muggy nights of feet dangling out from under the covers and sticky legs protesting their separation from the cool leather couch are at an end.  

September is around the corner and some idiots on Facebook (no offence, idiots) are actually counting down the weekends until Christmas.  Human beings are funny creatures.  We love change and eagerly look for signs announcing its arrival, but at the same time we cling to tradition like it's our identity and reminisce over what once was.  The real art, I suppose, is being fully aware and fully alive in the present.  Thus, I continue my 365 project.  Each day looking forward to the future moment when I will freeze the present in a photograph so that I can look back at it with fondness as it becomes my past.


2 comments: