Saturday, June 14, 2014

Five-Hour Holidays


Thursday evening felt a lot like a mini holiday.  After work, I walked down to my in-laws' hotel room, since the conference they were in town for had put them up relatively close to my office.  I grabbed a few shots from their awesome 23rd-floor room, and then we headed off to dinner on a sunny ocean patio.  I discovered a beautiful corner of our city that I didn't even know existed!  I always need people to come in from out of town so that I can appreciate my own city, haha.  After we finished dinner, we took a slow, leisurely walk back along the docks.


We meandered back to the hotel room enjoying the scenic route, and then crashed for a bit while waiting for Nick to wrap on his shoot.  We agreed to meet him at a local gelato place that has 218 different flavours.  Some of them are really... interesting.... We grabbed our treats, and the four of us headed back out into the sunshine to sit and chat for a couple hours.  

We said our goodbyes and goodnights and were home before 10pm, which was good because as much as it felt like a holiday, the next morning came bright and early :)

No comments:

Post a Comment