Friday, January 31, 2014

Feed the Birds, Tuppence a Bag

After yesterday's post, I think today calls for something a little lighter.  I took an early lunch this morning to do some banking before the line-ups got crazy and before the American/Canadian dollar discrepancy hit my road trip fund any harder.  And when I say early, I mean EARLY.  Lunch between 9:15 and 10:15am.

It was a brilliantly sunny and nippy outside, so on my way back I stopped to shoot some pigeons.  It turned out to be perfect timing since a nice, elderly lady threw them some feed right as I crouched down and turned my camera on.  All of these shots were taken with my 35mm lens, so those pigeons were extremely friendly and extremely CLOSE.  "If you take a dump on my camera...." went through my head at least once while they all flew about.

Banking... birds... I'm feeling very Mary Poppins-ish today.  Except that I spent my "tuppence" in exchange fees instead of feeding them to the birds.  This road trip is starting to feel a little more real all the time, even though we're still a couple months out.











1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your use of tones here. A film style processing. Love.

    ReplyDelete