Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Off-Camera Flash Portfolio

I finished my first actual photography course a couple of weeks ago, and it sure feels nice to be sort of lazy again, without daily homework assignments.  After I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out how to set up an off-camera flash (after buying the wrong one), it was significantly more downhill from there.  Those first few hours included a lot of trips to London Drugs, dead batteries, putting things on backwards, and setting my pants on fire.  So... apparently even my weakest flash is quite hot if you fire it when it's face down in your lap!  But we all survived, and here is the end result :)













I would like to extend a big thank you to all my wonderful subjec... I mean husband, friends and inanimate objects that allowed me to take "just one more picture" until I got the shot.  And also to my fellow class mates and wonderful teacher, Michelle Turner (see link above for her class), who put up with a very talkative (yes, even online) participant with 101 questions.  You're all the best!









No comments:

Post a Comment