- Work at the office has been busy as I'm ploughing through a to-do list with my colleague before they replace him with a new trainee, and then I have to focus on bringing her up to speed and won't have time for all the other things.
- Piano teaching has been great, but I have my first recital in like... 10 years? 8 years? coming up in a month today, so I have been working on my own piece to play, getting students organized and learning LOTS of duets with them. On top of that, I have a couple new students joining my studio next month, which is awesome.
- Photography is on hold. My camera has been in need of repair for a good month now, and I am just FINALLY getting around to taking it to the shop tomorrow. (Had to try and troubleshoot everything I could on my end first). That is also a large reason for the lack of blogging. IPhone photos just aren't the same as taking them with a real camera, and I don't like blogging without at least SOME pictures.
- Working with Nick for his company has been insane, too. I put in a good 25 hours over the long weekend there. Still in training / working for free until I learn the ropes for a lot of it, and working on sales commission for the rest. (170 people phoned this weekend, whoot! I can leave a message on an answering machine like no one's business).
- Violin practice has been... um.... I will practice for real next week. No, it's going okay, just haven't had much time to address it in the past bit here. But I keep meeting people that play and that want to help me out, so it's good motivation to get back at it.
But I am getting things done! Last weekend I did the laundry (it's been like a month... for real). I also cleaned the house finally at between 9pm and 11pm last Sunday when it got too late to call clients. And today? Today, I got almost a normal amount of sleep after staying up NOT too late watching a movie with my husband last night (sorry, violin - priorities and all). Then I had a really productive day at work, and taught a batch of students down where I used to live (who are really all starting to sound quite amazing as it gets near recital time). Came home and went out for coffee with my mentor as it's guys' bible study night tonight, and then practiced piano for a half hour or so and am now blogging while I wait for Nick to come home.
I do have to admit that I hit a wall after the long weekend. I was SO tired on Saturday that I didn't manage to get myself out of bed until 3pm. (Granted, I was working at a wedding with Nick until the wee hours of the morning Friday night). Then I felt SO sick. Massive headache and so nauseous from abusing my poor body all week long, so I only worked until about 8pm before I went to sleep for the rest of the day again. Sunday was my uber go-get-em' day: 10 hours calling people and cleaning the house afterwards. Then Monday was "mostly" a day off. Sort of. I still had to go out for about an hour to teach piano, and spend about an hour arranging some other piano stuff. And then the 170 people I called the previous days started getting back to me, so I had to address a number of texts and emails. But it was kind of a rest. By Tuesday I was a mess though. So burnt out.
So, I'm a little bit intrigued by my sudden gust of chipperness and energy as I write this post, but I will take it where I can get it! I think knowing that I don't need to work this Sunday is massively improving my mood. A day of rest on the horizon does wonders for the soul :) Anyways, I will end this pictureless post now as my husband just walked in. Sorry the update is not more interesting! Next time maybe :)